Primarily known as Project xCloud, Xbox Cloud Gaming is the newest feature coming to Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Without any extra costs, those with an existing Xbox Game Pass subscription can access a wide array of Xbox Game Pass titles. These games are readily made available to play on any PC, smartphone, tablet, and Xbox console. Note that Xbox Cloud Gaming is a perk included to those with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions, not the standard one.
The Fuss Surrounding Xbox Cloud Gaming
Just recently, Microsoft has already announced access to the Xbox Cloud Gaming service through the latest Xbox App available for Samsung 2022 Smart Televisions. The brand new app has currently rolled out to 27 countries across the globe. The new feature allows users to access and play almost all games available via the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Not only that, but subscribers can also stream games using the said subscription via their Samsung Smart TVs.
To access the service, a Samsung 2022 Smart TV is required in conjunction with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. Ideally, users can play Fortnite for free to test the latest service. Using a Bluetooth controller, navigating Fornite maps, and eliminating enemies will be a breeze. Microsoft announced two ways to access Xbox Cloud Gaming, depending on where the users are located. The first is through the Xbox app inside Samsung’s Gaming Hub. The second option is via Samsung’s app store where users can search and download the app to their televisions.
Top Reasons to Give Xbox Cloud Gaming a Try
There are plenty of good reasons why you should check out Xbox Cloud Gaming and give it a try. Firstly, Bethesda’s catalog of Xbox games will technically launch on Samsung Smart TVs. This includes the popular The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim among others. Secondly, the bonus service can be a worthwhile alternative to the continuous efforts of downloading games from one device to the next. Saving data to the cloud seamlessly transfers information between platforms, so picking up things where you left off is an easy process.
Subscribing to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on any Samsung 2022 Smart Televisions gives members instant access to over 100 high-quality Xbox Game Pass games. Also, as recently promised, playing Fortnite becomes more feasible to any membership so long as it is through Xbox Cloud Gaming. Consequently, you can now enjoy new gaming experiences without the urgency of buying new consoles and whatnot. Members also do not need the latest Xbox devices to enjoy the service. Thus, owning even the Xbox Series S is enough to relish a headache-free cloud gaming experience.
How It Works
- Accessing Xbox Games on a Samsung 2022 Smart TV is similar to opening other streaming apps on television. Simply launch the Xbox app, connect a Bluetooth-enabled controller, choose a game, and start playing. To explain things more clearly, below is a step-by-step process.
- Open Samsung Gaming Hub to launch the Xbox app. If you have an existing Microsoft account, use it to log in to the Xbox app. Otherwise, you can sign up for one by heading to Microsoft’s website.
- If you are subscribed to Xbox Game Pass, you need to upgrade to the Ultimate version to use Xbox Cloud Gaming. Microsoft has an ongoing promo allowing users to get the Ultimate pass for just $1. However, you can still play Fortnite without a membership.
- Connect your Bluetooth-capable controller. A few examples of compatible game controllers are the Xbox Wireless and Adaptive Controllers, DualSense controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, and many more. After a successful connection, choose any of the 100+ high-quality games available. You may also play popular titles like A Plague Tale: Innocence, Hades, or Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction.
- Enjoy an entirely different level of gaming experience and seamless data transfers.
Xbox Cloud Gaming Final Thoughts
Xbox Cloud Gaming offers a very solid substitute for the commonplace process of downloading games to storage. Xbox has also proven itself to be one of the best game streaming platforms to date. This serves most truth when compared to competition streaming media like Google Stadia and Nvidia GeForce Now. Albeit 4K games are not available yet, Xbox Cloud offers great stability, quick loading times, and a large roster of compatible controllers.
Of course, there still are minimum requirements to relish the perks Microsoft’s newest cloud gaming service has to offer. One, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a relatively expensive monthly subscription. Next, members need a reasonably fast internet connection. Plus, a Bluetooth game controller could still cost a few dollars, depending on the brand. However, meeting these criteria will make Xbox Cloud Gaming a great means of experiencing some of the best and most impressive Xbox Game Pass titles. If you wish to know more upcoming Xbox announcements like this, stay tuned only here at PlayPC!